Below are just a few of the things I’ve been reading over the past few days. Check them out:
- Whoops! Is my elevated anthropology showing? (From the Mockingbird blog)
- Beware of the Dogs: Philippians 3:2 (Ben Witherington)
- The Real Meaning of Easter? (From Internet Monk. I post this with a caveat because I think it highlights a real danger in quarters of American Evangelicalism–not so much among Episcopalians, we probably have the opposite problem. However, I’m not a big fan of going after folks for what they didn’t say. I also think that Easter *is* a great time to invite folks to church for two reasons: those who have been away may have an itch to return, and it’s a good time for those who come from non-Christian backgrounds to hear the central message of the Christian faith).
- Questions about Jesus for entering Holy Week (From Thomas Oden via Creedal Christian)
- Archbishop Williams’ reflections on Holy Week (St. Joseph of Arimathea)
- The Illiberal Legacy of Liberalism (Philip Blond at Villanova, via the Distributist review)